Saturday, October 4, 2008

Video: "Stars & Sons" - Broken Social Scene


Since this is impromptu video week, I suppose I should bring it to a close with something theatrical and dramatic. Now, normally I shy away from Pitchfork. Maybe it's the sense of pompous prestige that comes along with the site, or maybe I just like rummaging around Myspace more for weird bands, but if I had the choice of going to five websites in one day, Pitchfork probably wouldn't be one of them. But let's face it, scrummaging can only get one so far, and Pitchfork has some deep pockets with enough money to really get some stories you can't see anywhere. They have the influence to grab some wonderful bands, and some "Major Label Debuts." Wait, I mean some "Fire Eye'd Boys." Wait, what I'm trying to say is they're "Superconnected" enough to...


Okay, okay, I'll own up. I can listen to Broken Social Scene all the live long day. But only through Pitchfork could I see such gorgeous live performances of them. The Canadian supergroup graced the Pitchfork cameras with their presence in Juan's Basement, and broke down some grooves with performances of "Stars & Sons," as well as what is apparently the original jam that inspired "Church Under The Stairs" on Brendan Canning's latest release, Something For All Of Us. There was also that "Untitled Jam 2," and that baby of a song is growing fast.

I'll only say it once in a blue moon, so get ready: Drop by Pitchfork TV to catch some great performances by not only Broken Social Scene, but M83, The Walkmen, and a few more as well. Blow the videos below up to full screen; you won't be disappointed. Also, feel very free to wander over to Arts & Crafts; maybe snag yourself a copy of Broken Social Scene Presents: Brendan Canning, Something For All Of Us. Or get excited for the new Los Campesinos! album dropping before election day. Or, you can go old school, and drop by Broken Social Scene's Myspace and say hello!







No comments: