Friday, October 10, 2008

Recruiting (II)



I just realized a week or so ago... apparently Voilà! is a year old!
I started this blog on September 31st of last year. Not too bad, eh? I didn't really expect this to last too long. But since beginning, Voilà! has actually begun into a sexy, sweet, streamlined machine that has been bringing some great and entertaining blabbery about music. I love the music I listen to, and if I wasn't writing here, I'd still be scrummaging around the interblag for wonderful bands. Why would I not want to share some great tunes, eh? This was all started with a couple friends, Ara, Marie, and ex-writer Jamie. Now we have a writer (Jeanette), a saxophonist (Taylor), a drummer (Ezra), and a singer-songwriter (Cullen)! I'd suppose you would call that a growth spurt.

There's something else we have in plentiful surplus. And that would be you! There have been readers! We have somewhere around 500 of you lovely folks gracing our humble abode with your wonderful presence every week, and we're glad to have you! 190 some odd posts later, three or four feature segments, and many a band of the week later, here we are one year under our belt. Hopefully you enjoy the ramblings we put on here.

On another Voilà! related note, let me mention how Voilà! could grow just a little more. Basically, Voilà! is trying to gather as many folks out there who are willing to write about music. Any ol' person will do, and there are no requirements for being a writer (except for having a Blogger account and an interest in music). We want you to join the crew! The more the merrier!

If you've ever been interested in writing for a music blog, or can't think about anything but music every day, feel free to leave a comment or email me (Chris) [chris.voilamusic@gmail.com], and we can get you hooked up on the Voilà! writing squad. There's absolutely no commitment on how often you write (though it'd be nice if it were frequent), or how well you write (though fairly good grammar is appreciated!). And if you're a writer looking for some neat job experience, this is perfect.

If you want to hear a somewhat-official way of how this site works, go over here.

If you'd rather just write, email me! But if you don't mind, those wanting to join might want to take a quick gander at some of the rules that that apply to writing. And I suppose if you're really curious, you could see who's already writing for Voilà!. And as always, suggestions are always welcome if you think you know the next band of the week that I haven't noticed yet.



Today's photo is brought to you by Rachel Lane, DFW local, photographer, and a person who is significantly cooler than I am. Peace, folks.

No comments: