Thursday, July 3, 2008

Video: "Walking In Memphis (Marc Cohn)" - Goot



Now, I don't think I've ever mentioned the insanely wondrous talent that is Goot on Voilà! I must confess that this is a cryin' shame, and I'll circumvent this tonight (at three in the morning, in celebration of my summer break).

Famous teen-heartthrob, pianist/guitarist, afro-wearing pop-punk song wielding musician Alex Goot has just released a nifty new song for avid listeners everywhere. A cover song in fact! This diamond in the rough (buried back in 1991) of a piano ballad, "Walking In Memphis," was originally released by Marc Cohn. Goot has dug up this gem for our listening pleasure, and rocks out on piano in ways that can only be a compliment to Cohn.

You can check out Goot's cover of "Walking In Memphis" right here on Voilà! But you can't give me these lame excuses of being lazy when you could just as easily wander over to Goot's Myspace. Not only can you see other video-feeds of Goot rockin' out on his piano, but you can hear three of the latest and greatest songs in Goot's repertoire, from his most recent endeavour, Arranged Noise, presently on sale (ironically, on his Myspace).

Now if only this latest cover could quell my newfound craving for Ben Folds.
Alas, my dreams of grandeur; Imeem, here I come!


No comments: