Saturday, July 19, 2008

Playlist: Potter Party Music


It's a very long story, but basically, in my wanderings across the internet, I have befriended quite a few (that's an understatement) friends who have an insane love for Harry Potter culture. We had a miniature Potter party. But seeing as it's the internet, it seemed quite quiet. I sought to fix that.

This is a playlist of great wizard rock music, particularly designed for a wrockin' common room party. It features some of the best wrockstars around, including The Mudbloods, Harry and the Potters, and the Ministry of Magic to name a very few. If you're feeling in a particularly hyper and Potter-ish mood, this is the excellent way to dance off some steam. If you're new to wizard rock, this is shockingly a great introduction to a wonderful, little-known genre of music which is so independent that it almost entirely eschews record labels and the mainstream style. Either way, I hope you enjoy it.

Post-script: This is a shoddy excuse for an article, as I went to one of the best shows I've ever been to tonight (hosted by the one and only Peachcake). Expect a review of the concert on Wednesday while I recuperate... AKA listening to The Greatest Hits Ever ...So Far on repeat and dancing until my legs give out.






Potter Party Music

No comments: