Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Playlist: A Long Hot Summer Night


Lately, I had a lot of money to spare for new music (I've been wasting it on three upcoming concerts!). Oddly enough, my body (or ears) have been attempting to compensate for the new sounds by putting old favourites of mine on constant repeat. Whether I'm walkin' in the sweltering Texan sun, or languoring amongst the air-conditioned furniture of my house, I'm constantly reminded of Andrew Bird, Throw Me The Statue, and you guessed it, No Kids. To relieve myself from these constant reminders, I made a little playlist up, which I'll share with you via my imeem.

This playlist is dedicated to Ben Folds' amazing Bonnaroo finale. I wasn't there, but I caught his performance of "One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces" on Fuse. The band was short for time (I believe Kanye West was up next, with that infamous delay. But I digress), so the Ben Folds Five played played their finale at light speed. It was an excellent performance. Sadly there are no videos or mp3s of good quality on the net yet. So if you have one, please, please, please oh please let me know. In the mean time... enjoy the sweet tunes.




A Long Hot Summer Night

No comments: