Friday, July 4, 2008

"Until We Bleed" - Kleerup feat. Lykke Li



That sneaky devil! It seems Lykke Li, who was featured as this week's band of the week, is trying to sneak things by me. I think not though!

I'm going to have to admit, I have never heard of Andreas Kleerup, colloquially Kleerup, producer and member of The Meat Boys out of Stockholm, Sweden. It turns out he has quite a burgeoning career, what with getting on the musical map by producing for the pop musicians in Sweden, his latest being Robyn, with her latest release, "With Every Heartbeat" off of Robyn's self-titled album. The song rose to the top of the UK charts, so Kleerup definitely did his job well; I am also neglecting to mention his work on Cyndi Laupers latest album.

But Kleerup released his second full-length album last May, and enlisted the help of fellow Swedish musicians, including Robyn, Titiyo, and of course, Lykke Li. Lykke contributed her sensuous vocals to the track, "Until We Bleed," a quite lamentation which for some reason reminds me of Kill Hannah.

Lykke Li just put up her latest, "Until We Bleed," with Kleerup, on her Myspace. You should definitely wander by and give it a listen.




Oh, and post-script: Happy Independence Day, you crazy United States-ians. The sounds of explosions reminded me.

No comments: