Friday, June 19, 2009

Video: "Thug Story" - Taylor Swift & T-Pain


Okay, eventually, I promise to stop blabbering on and on about pop-country music sensation that's sweeping the nation (and whatnot), Taylor Swift. But while I'm still on this ridiculous binge, mostly due to listening to Fearless and her live performance for iTunes, I'll continue. I say this straightforward and upfront, as serious as the music game is, you can't take yourself too seriously. It doesn't matter how deep, moving, and contemplative your music is: if you don't know how to laugh at yourself, and your own music, you're not doing a good job of putting yourself into the public eye. No, it is not jive to think you're the bees knees. You've got to stay humble.

I love humble. I search for humble, even in the world of the über-popular. Jack Johnson's down to earth; Death Cab for Cutie always have seemed to keep a level head on their shoulders; okay, Fall Out Boy may have lost a bit of their integrity to the vile paparazzi populated hell that is Hollywood, but at least Patrick, Joe, and Andy have somehow remained human. They know how to represent themselves seriously with a smile, which is why I respect all those folks.

The same logic goes for Taylor Swift. And if you doubt her humbleness, may I refer to you her latest music video featuring a certain hip-hop extraordinaire known as T-Pain. Performing a ridiculously silly song, Taylor Swift has teamed up with T-Pain to throw down the rhymes in "Thug Story." Normally, I'd say more... but pictures speak louder than words, and so does cinematography. Have fun watching Taylor Swift's latest video right here on Voilà!, and don't forget to see her feature article.


1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Yeah, I don't know. I still think that she is a little strange. That's just me though.