Saturday, October 27, 2007

Flash Flash Revolution


I'm going out on the bold assumption that just about everyone these days knows about Dance Dance Revolution. It's caused quite big news topic over the years since its creation.

For those of you who may have been living under a rock, DDR is a dance oriented video game where you break down your dance moves to different songs on the game, typically house/dance/techno stuff. Arrows which fly up on the tv screen in front of you, and your job is to match your movements to them respectively, with as much timed accuracy as possible on a dance pad below your feet.

I, frankly, suck at DDR.


It's not the quick reflex part - I'm good with my reflexes. And it's not the essential puzzle system which the combination of directions create; I work wonders at Guitar Hero, which follows essentially the same process. The difference is, I'm very hand-eye coordinated. This is why expert on Guitar Hero is a yawner for me. I am not foot-eye coordinated. My feet just don't respond like that; I can't get them to go to the right places. I just don't have that sort of talent. But I've played DDR, and even though I'm horrible, it's really fun, and quite addicting. What am I to do?



There is a new outlet for me, and the hundreds of people who also suck at DDR but want to participate. It's called FFR, or Flash Flash Revolution.

FFR has all the lovely business that DDR holds, including the addiction, without all that silly dancing rubbish. Using your keyboard arrows, you try to time clicking down to the wire in the same way as DDR. It's great fun, and you get to here some interesting dancey music that you might not here otherwise. I'm not going to lie, Mocha Ocean - Yamajet is a pretty sweet song that I probably would have listened to without the game. And c'mon, you can play to a remix of Legend Of Zelda, why would you deny?


If you happen to get an account, be sure to add me as a friend, and during the sign up process, say I referenced you! I get points or something. =]


http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/

No comments: