Thursday, December 3, 2009

Video: Harold T. Wilkins - Fanfarlo


How ridiculously timely is this?

Here I am, dawning my warmest shirts and jackets for a night out to Dallas! It's quite cold here in North Texas with this chilly cold-front tormenting the United States, reminding us that it's December now. I'm dawning these warm clothes because in half an hour, the doors open to The Loft in Dallas, where the one and only Fanfarlo is due to play! Excitement abounds, obviously.

But I decide, hey, I might as well give the internet a quick look over before I depart. And when I make my way over to Twitter, guess who's at the top of the feed. Yes indeed, the English sextet, Fanfarlo, sharing their brand new video! Again, how ridiculously timely is this? The folks have finally signed with a record label, and as such, have some cash to spend for a new video. So this second version of my favourite song of theirs, "Harold T. Wilkins or How To Wait for a Very Long Time," is quite neat, depicting them in a very cold wood.

If you're in Dallas, I'm hoping to see you at the Loft soon; Fanfarlo will be enthused as well! If not, check out "Harold T. Wilkins" right here on Voilà!, read the Stereogum article which presented the video to us eager musical listeners, or visit Fanfarlo's official website and check out their cool Advent Calendar for some Christmas celebrations.

No comments: