Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Video: Hotel Song (Regina Spektor) Cover

I love covers. I make that very much apparent in my frequent praising of the ability of musicians playing the music of other musicians. It was once, quite some time ago, that I featured a delightful darling from deep in the heart of Mexico, putting her own twist on Panic At The Disco's "Build God, Then We'll Talk." No big stage, no big band, just a guitar, a camera, and subsequently, a YouTube video.

Once more, I take you to another wonderful young lady putting her own twist on some of our favourite artists' music. Meet Irma, hailing from Cameroon in West Africa. With her acoustic guitar, and a computer to help with some back-up vocals, she offers us a taste of Russian-American singer-songwriter Regina Spektor, in Irma's cover of "Hotel Song." It's quite delightful. If you enjoy it, definitely wander over to Irma's YouTube to catch more covers by her.


No comments: