Thursday, July 9, 2009

Video: You! The Magic Number - Mount Righteous


You might notice the weird punctuality of the updates on Voilà! for a bit, reader. Since I'm the only one of our site's fair writers without a life, I end up being the one who is the most verbose of the entire lot, blabbering endlessly about all nameless musical endeavours. Alas, sometimes the cruel eyes of responsibility look down upon me as they do the rest of us, and I get a bit busy. For that, and my lack of constant updates, I certainly do apologize. It happens.

You know who else has been busy lately? Mount Righteous, my favourite North Texan indie band. Things have been quiet lately high atop Mount Righteous out in Grapevine, Texas. But that's because Mount Righteous is busily working away on their lately indie-pop phenomenon. And if their sophomore album compares anything to the release of When The Music Starts, their first full length album, you know that it'll all be worth the wait in the end.

As for me though, I am getting quite pumped. Mount Righteous is done with their national touring for awhile as they busy themselves getting new music together. But they certainly aren't letting their singing voices and bubbly attitudes go to waste! They're pleasing us local folks here in the Metroplex by playing a few local shows. They'll be hitting up the Chat Room Pub this coming Sunday - July 12 - and a much larger venue, Granada Theater, at the end of the month. Sweet action! For my fellow Texans, these are some shows you definitely don't want to miss. As for every else, you don't want to miss When the Music Starts by Mount Rigtheous, because it's chock full of some of the catchiest, most loveable songs you've heard in all your years. Curious? Just check out Mount Righteous' article on Voilà!, or hussel over to their Myspace. I, if you don't mind, will watch more of their live performances scattered across YouTube.


2 comments:

Subservient Experiment said...

Better yet, the Granada show on 7/31 is a FREE show. Not too many of those ever happen at Granada.

Chris said...

It's free?!
I think I just had a miniature heart attack.