Monday, February 8, 2010

New Kid.


Hello there music-lovers and e-stalkers, I'm Noor, a fifteen(sixteen in nine days) year old girl from Melbourne, Australia. I jumped on the band wagon when Chris posted a thread about this little slice of net heaven on Lookbook so here I am.
I wasn't quite sure what to do with my first post but I thought it'd be appropriate to start somewhere local.

A young lady who has taken over my iPod (and sister's car stereo) is the lovely, quirky and superly awesome Lisa Mitchell. Originally a contestant on Australian Idol a few years back when she was only a young teen, Lisa Mitchell has blossomed into a stunning performing in her latest album 'Wonder'. Containing hit singles such as 'Coin Laundry' and 'Neopolitan Dreams', 'Wonder' is that perfect mix of indie folk and pop music. She recently toured Australia and New Zealand doing the Big Day Out festival and now she's set out to tour the UK. With her unique, soft voice and catchy tunes, Lisa Mitchell is one to look out for!

My favourite song off her album would have to be 'Love Letter'. A beautiful love song about a girl breaking up with her long distance boyfriend. But there are many others, in fact I listen to the whole album way too much.

iTunes: Australia | UK

And a video just because:

Lisa Mitchell - Coin Laundry


So folks that's my first post on Voilà! I hope you enjoyed it. :)

3 comments:

Chris said...

I did enjoy it! It's so weird that I hadn't heard of her at all even though she won for Australian Idol. Shows how separate different continents are. :P

Noor said...

Thanks :)
No, she didn't win, she was in the top 7 I think. But she was one of the most original singers there. Probably the only one at the time who wrote her songs/music.

Chris said...

It definitely shows! I can't stand it when someone's too lazy to not write their own lyrics.