Friday, November 14, 2008

"I Wanna Be Like You" - The Morning Benders


Okay, curse me, berate me, taunt me. Do what you will, but I stand firm to my belief: I love Disney movies. You can't go wrong! Aladdin, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast... they made the world go 'round when I was a kid. I admittedly have several Disney which get more play than they probably should (following up Godspeed You! Black Emperor with "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" on my Last.FM is just a bit strange.). Disney's are classics, and their musical ditties have been sung by folks of all ages, immortalized as little stepping stones in life for millions of kids everywhere.

Changing pace, there's a new little band on the block from Oakland. They call themselves The Morning Benders, and are notorious for covering songs. As it turns out, The Morning Benders seem to be Disney fans as well. On Tuesday, iTunes released Live Sessions with The Morning Benders for digitial download, offering some nifty tunes by the quirky quartet. One of which happens to be "I Wanna Be Like You," sung by none other than King Louie the orangutan in The Jungle Book! Putting some rock in the jazzy Disney song, The Morning Benders add their own style, featuring funky guitaring, and some heavy drumming to an old classic.

Now, iTunes Live Sessions: The Morning Benders is obviously only available on the iTunes store... lovely, eh? You can wander to the iTunes Store for yourself to grab the entire album via digital download all for yourself. Or, if you're a thrifty penny pincher - such as myself - you can hear some of the live session - including "I Wanna Be Like You" - on The Monrning Bender's Myspace completely free of charge. Drop by while you're at it, wish them a great weekend.

I hope you have a good weekend too, reader. Remember, all we need is The Bare Necessities.

No comments: