Friday, April 18, 2008

Daytrotter + Death Cab


Hot off the presses from camp Daytrotter, this little band who nobody really knows about, colloquially known as Death Cab for Cutie, dropped by Futureappletree Studio 1 in Illinois two days ago. While there, they graced the young music blog with an exclusive 7-song session, all of which was recorded for craving music lovers. As Gibbard, Walla, Harmer, and McGerr left, continuing their huge tour, they leave us with the agonizing suspense of waiting to hear tonnes of new material from their latest endevour, Narrow Stairs.

The news is way too exciting for me, but so as to save face from my obsessiveness with Death Cab, I'll have you know that you should definitely keep your eyes peeled and your eager ears ready and waiting. Death Cab has recorded three unreleased tracks off of Narrow Stairs, and gave a few old tunes a whirl for histrionics. The article and accompanying music should be up for your reading/listening pleasures sometime in the next two weeks. For now though, you can always amble over to Daytrotter, which is presently featuring Ezra Furman and The Harpoons, who sounds like a clash between Bob Dylan and Hot Chip.

Still dying for new Death Cab for Cutie business? They have a Myspace. If you haven't been there in awhile, it may shock and awe you that they have their debut single from Narrow Stairs already posted, entitled "I Will Possess Your Heart." A definite must-hear song with a long instrumental introduction, which makes me wonder if they've been listening to a lot of Explosions In The Sky or their own Stability EP a bit too much. But if you'd excuse me, I have to become a bit less excited so I seem to retain my sanity; more Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin for me!

No comments: